What is Assured EAP?
The Assured Employee Assistance Programme is designed to support employees, reduce absence and prevent litigation, it provides a highly effective risk management solution.
The service includes a full EAP plus:
- Medical screening for new starters - compliant with the Equality Act 2010
- Online health assessments designed to reduce absence and raise morale
- Active Care – Early Occupational Health intervention for stress related absences
Assured Employee Assistance Programme
Everyday life and just balancing the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. To assist you in achieving this balance organisations put an Employee Assistance Programme in place
The Assured EAP provided by Health Assured and offers a quick, confidential and highly professional way to resolve, whatever life throws at you and whenever you need it. The EAP can help support your staff with issues such as:
- Health and wellbeing information
- Stress at home or work
- Financial issues including debt
- Family and relationship matters
- Consumer issues
An EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) is a personal support programme that can greatly assist you and your staff to achieve a positive balance in your life. The service gives unlimited access to a range of specialist support and information including:
- Telephone support and counselling by therapists qualified and accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy [BACP]
- Up to six Structured Telephone Counselling (STC) counselling sessions per person, per issue, per annum
- Up to six face-to-face counselling sessions per person, per issue, per annum
- Online Health Portal - www.healthassuredeap.co.uk
The service is completely confidential and can be accessed via a free phone number and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is available to employees and immediate family members residing at the same address. If you have any further questions about our EAP services please do not hesitate to contact Health Assured on 0844 8922 493.
Pre-employment medical screening
Experienced Occupational Health qualified clinical staff provide an effective online pre-commencement screen for every new recruit joining the organisation (who is eligible to join the EAP), thus minimising the risk for employers at the time of appointment and ensuring compliance with the terms of the Equality Act 2010). The online pre-commencement screen also provides a valuable baseline audit of the employees’ health on joining the company.
Every report is reviewed by a member of the clinical team, and a follow up telephone consultation is undertaken if clinically indicated, at no additional charge.
Many organisations fail to obtain the vital advice and intervention from Occupational Health, necessary to demonstrate a duty of care, support the individual employee and Mitigate Corporate Liability as recently evidenced in the case of O2 v Dickins"
"Over 1/3 of Employees with stress are absent for a period greater than 1 Month. The Average length of Absence for Stress is 27 Days - Labour Force Survey THOR"
Day 1 intervention for stress related absences
The unique Active Care Service from Health Assured provides effective intervention on the very first day of a stress related absence which ensures a far higher degree of pro-activity and engagement with the employee.
The Active Care benefit supports the individual, often facilitating a far earlier return to work, thus reducing absence management costs and mitigating liability for the employer.
- A clinician will engage with the individual in a supportive manner to gain an understanding of their specific needs and any treatment or advice already prescribed to the
- The additional resources of the EAP such as on-line support, stress coaching and telephone helplines will be signposted for the individual
- In the case of work related stress, we will obtain an understanding of the issues and identify any barriers preventing a return to work
- The clinician will provide a written report which can be sent to the employer, the employee can see the report before this is submitted should they wish.
Pro-active intervention associated with Active Care positively influences an earlier return to work and supports the individual - whilst safeguarding the interests of the employer.
94.7% of employees return to work within Just 14 days following Day 1 Intervention from Health Assured