International Women's Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
Last year, organisations and individuals around the world supported the #PledgeForParity campaign that committed to help women and girls achieve their ambitions. The campaigned challenged conscious and unconscious bias, called for gender-balanced leadership, pledged to value women and men’s contributions equally and create inclusive flexible cultures.
The World Economic Forum predicts the gender gap won't close entirely until 2186. This is too long to wait. So around the world, International Women's Day provides an important opportunity for ground breaking action that can truly drive greater change for women.
Every person - women, men and non-binary people - can play a part in helping drive better outcomes for women. Through meaningful celebration and targeted bold action, we can all be responsive and responsible leaders in creating a more gender inclusive world.
On international Women’s day, Health Assured will celebrate the contributions of women to the working world and will continue to champion the fostering of inclusive working environments. We recognise that it is in everyone’s interests to have a diverse and equal workforce where women are encouraged to challenge bias and inequality regardless of its source. We encourage all of our working partners to join us in being bold for change.
“I am proud to be employed by Health Assured who recognise equality and diversity. My advice to others is, find something you are passionate about, be confident to move forward with it regardless of the competition” – Nicola Jones, Counselling Manager
Use International Women's Day (IWD) on March 8 as an important opportunity to:
- Celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women because visibility and awareness help drive positive change for women
- Declare bold actions you'll take as an individual or organisation to help progress the gender agenda because purposeful action can accelerate gender parity across the world
One of the most powerful ways you can influence how quickly gender parity is achieved is through championing a #BeBoldForChange campaign within your own organisation:
- Call for action: ask friends and colleagues what bold actions they’re taking to help drive gender parity (e.g. take a junior woman to a client or sales meeting; challenge organisers of all-male speaking panels; launch a purposeful female-focused initiative; educate boys about stereotypes and violence against women; nominate women for senior jobs; donate time to a female-focused charity; mentor a woman; form a support network; etc)
- Declare action: ask friends and colleagues to declare bold action on the IWD website
- Thunderclap your support: lend your support via the #BeBoldForChange Thunderclap to help drive wider awareness about gender parity, find out more here.
For International Women's Day 2017, we're asking you to #BeBoldForChange. Call on the masses or call on yourself to help forge a better working world - a more gender inclusive world. Submit your #BeBoldForChange action via the International Women's Day website